Friday, April 9, 2010

Welcome to Healthy Investigations

Welcome to my blog! I am starting this new blog to talk about and share information about home remedies and other herbal medicines out in the market. I would like to stick to stuff that does not require a prescription to get. Before I continue, I would like to state that none of the herbal supplements that I talk about are 100% proven to save anyones life, so please do not hold something this important to what I blog about. I can only speak from my own personal experience with the herbal medicines I have tried. I am a 33 year old guy who has spent thousands of dollars on different types of herbal medicines and have actually found a few that help out in different ways depending on the need. I think its a good time to start sharing this information for those out there who have special needs. Sometimes you can find exactly what you need at your local Wal-mart or vitamin store. I like to stay away from the doctor myself and have been living with herbal remedies instead of prescription drugs for pretty much my whole life. I say pretty much because I actually took lisinopril for high blood pressure so many years ago, but I have found better ways to keep that under control without damaging myself with scripts. Well, since I am on the subject of high blood pressure I may as well tell you what I starting doing. One day when I was tired out I tried some of the Red Bull energy drink and it made me feel really good. I wondered why my heart was not pumping insanely with all of the crazy ingredients like caffeine and guarana, since they are known to increase heart rate and maybe even make your chest hurt. But thats when I started reading the label and discovered what else they were putting in there to compensate for the caffeine and other stuff to get you going. I concluded this main ingredient was taurine. Of course there is b6 and b12 to help compensate also, but taurine seemed to be the biggest additive that was doing the work load. I got online and ordered me a bottle of taurine just to try it out separetly to see what it does and if my suspicions were right. I took 2 of them and noticed somewhat of a difference when I drank some coffee. It seemed like my heart could handle another cup of coffee like I had only had one with the taurine. I looked up some information on wikipedia to see if there were any toxicities of taurine overdose and I found that there were known. One person even suggested on his website that someone needed to take at least 4-5 taurine 1000mg capsules to really feel what it does. He joked that the ingredient in Red Bull that gave it wings was indeed taurine, so I knew I was onto something good. I popped another 5 taurine capsuls making it a total of 7000mg because I like to know exactly what I am dealing with. Within abiout 30 minutes I could not even feel my heart beating, as it was handling the pot of coffee I was consuming better then usual. I was totally amazed at what was going on. It seems the taurine was making the load easier to handle. There is some literature on the internet about taurine you can read that will tell you more about how it is good for your heart. So if you ever get to the point where you drank too much cafeeine and your heart is pounding, or even hurting, try some taurine. Make sure you take about 5-7 grams of it though to get the real effect. Its safe and there is even some speculation that it can help your heart repair itself from certain stroke damage. I am not endorsing the last statement I just made, but I threw that out there to motivate you to do some real research on this herbal medicine. I will talk about other remedies I have tried throughout my blog, so feel free to be some of the first people to comment here and talk about taurine and other herbal drugs. I would like to just fill up the whole page today with everything I have to talk about, but I am going to go ahead and leave the subject on taurine for now. I realize it will take a little while to get into the search engine for people to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment